Columbia Asia is a multinational chain of hospitals in Asia, with 28 medical facilities across India, Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia. Columbia Asia is one of the largest and fastest-growing healthcare companies in Asia and owned by an investment fund : International Columbia USA LLC (ICU). The Group started operations in 1997 with a simple goal to “deliver accessible, quality, cost-effective specialist care to people where they live.”
The company offers full-service hospitals usually built in the suburbs, rather than the central city. Columbia Asia has a cluster strategy where multiple hospitals are grouped to complement each facility, providing accessibility in the community. Columbia Asia’s target market is the fast-growing middle income group.
Columbia Asia believes in setting up smaller hospitals; less than 200 beds; built in residential areas for accessibility and efficiency. A typical hospital has about 90-150 beds, costing roughly $30 million to build. Each hospital sees about sees about 8,000 – 15,000 patients a month, and brings in about $1-2 million in monthly revenue. All hospitals in the group have the standardized design, which gives the same look and feel throughout all geographies under one unified brand.
Most of the company’s 12,000 employees are from the host countries. Columbia Asia hires its doctors and staff largely from the local areas.
– Checking prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate and safe for the individual patient;
– Providing advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication, for example, tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler;
– Participating in ward rounds, taking patient drug histories and involvement in decision-making on appropriate treatments;
– Liaising with other medical staff on problems patients may experience when taking their medicines;
– Discussing treatments with patients relatives, community pharmacists and GPs;ensuring medicines are stored appropriately and securely;
– Supervising the work of less experienced and less qualified staff;
– Answering questions about medicines from within the hospital, other hospitals and the general public;
– Keeping up to date with, and contributing to, research and development;writing guidelines for drug use within the hospital and implementing hospital regulations;
– Providing information on expenditure on drugs;
– Preparing and quality-checking sterile medications, for example, intravenous medications;
– Setting up and supervising clinical trials.
– Issue & Return of Material against Patient indents from Stores and against Departmental indents.
– Direct Issue of drugs/ medical consumable to Patient.
– Issue of Narcotics as per protocols.
– Receiving the material at Receiving Bay & Processing of Invoices
– Emergency Cash Purchase.
– Receipt of consignment goods & Processing their Invoices on Consumption
Physical Stock Verification .
– Sale & return of material in OP Pharmacy.
– Drug Expiry control and checking expires of medicine before dispensing to patients.
– Arrange medicine according to their storage condition.
– Arranging non-available medicine from noted sources. Profile Summary
Employment Type: Full Time
Eligibility: B.Pharma /Pharmacy,
Post Graduation Not Required,
Doctorate Not Required
Role: Pharmacist/Chemist/Bio Chemist
Industry: Medical, Healthcare, Hospitals
Salary: 7 Lacs
Function: Medical, Healthcare, R&D, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology
Experience: 0 – 3 Years
Click Here for Careers Portal
Click Here for Official Website